Tuesday, July 8, 2008

“It’s METAL to like clowns” – Toki from Metalocalypse

I spent my weekend watching cartoons about metal. When Nathan Explosion had a nightmare about working for Dimmu Burger (a play on the band name Dimmu Borgir for any non-metalheads), I rolled around on the couch clutching my belly. Cartoons are so soothing; perhaps that is the appeal of Drawn Together as well. I have many preferences that indicate to the outside observer that I may pursue some rather childish interests: glitter, fairy tales, cartoons, ice cream and . . .




I adore rainbow sprinkles. (Hate donuts though)


One of the reasons why, however, is not so childish. Once upon a time in Hollywood, I went to the Erotic Museum and saw on the wall a photograph that has remained burned into my mind ever since. It was a close up of a hand covering a woman’s genitals. All of the skin was covered with a very thin layer of chocolate syrup, just enough to make it look glossy and bronzed and topped with a generous application of rainbow sprinkles. I stared in open-mouth admiration for some time and still regret not finding some way to purchase it. It was so erotic and playful and magnificent and spell-binding that I still remember it vividly. Bravo for sprinkles.

I passed my Capstone. I will graduate in 5 weeks, provided I pass my final internet applications class.

I don't believe in total freedom for the artist. Left on his own, free to do anything he likes, the artist ends up doing nothing at all. If there's one thing that's dangerous for an artist, it's precisely this question of total freedom, waiting for inspiration and all the rest of it. - Federico Fellini

Art is merely the refuge which the ingenious have invented, when they were supplied with food and women, to escape the tediousness of life. - W. Somerset Maugham

No comments: