Saturday, May 16, 2009

Twitter will be my Thing 19

Web 2.0 award-winning site for "social networking mainstays" - TWITTER! I have a personal Twitter with a widget on my blog page and I started a Twitter account for my library. I love this tool because it provides immediate status updates which can be very applicable in the library setting. "Just got a copy of Twilight in" or "Our bellydance program will be starting in half an hour; come join us for a free lesson". This is also a medium in which an increasing amount patrons are working. Libraries must adapt to serve their patrons. Also, limiting characters requires a poster to ensure they remain succinct in their posting and convey information quickly and clearly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Is Twittering kinda like Zzyzying?

Mr. Jon