Saturday, May 16, 2009

And moving on to Thing 18

Okay, now that I look at Thing 18, I see that Google Docs is an option for exploration. Well, clearly I am a fan of all things Google, as evidenced by previous posts. I adore Google Docs. A close friend was writing a screenplay with a director in New York. She lived in Vegas, he was in New York, yet they were able to access the same document and make changes without emailing back and forth, spending hours on the phone or worrying about incompatible formatting. I use it to write blog posts so I can edit and save them before posting. I use it for uploading work information, that I might bring it up anywhere. I use it to keep documents private, that no one may access them without a password, since I share my laptop at times. I think web-based apps are amazing and a definite technological perk.

No comments: