Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Things 1-9 (from a busy little beaver!)

27 Things for SPL, Part 1:

Thing 1 - well, I'm here, aren't I?

Thing 2 - (I'm beginning to feel a little Seuss-y) The easiest of the "7 1/2 Habits" is definitely the play habit. Being a Youth Services Librarian makes a girl very familiar with work as play. The hardest is the teaching of others. I am not a teacher. I tend to figure it will be easier to do things myself.

Thing 3 - Set up a blog or, in this case, continue with my existing blog, left over from library school.

Thing 4 - I did indeed email SPL 27 Things to let them know of my participating ways.

Thing 5 - See previous post.

Thing 6 - HA! I made a "me" trading card! Now that interests me. Maybe I can convince the rest of the Sac City Rollers that they need to make a team deck of cards . . .

Thing 7 - I have an RSS feed for LifeHacker in my iGoogle. And I read it daily. Though my favorite for work (and not necessarily technological but work with me here) is the WikiHow site. This has such a huge variety of things to do in and out of the library, for kids and adults. The program for Mother's Day will be making recycled plastic vases found on WikiHow. Hooray for technology!

Thing 8 - I have a significant amount of RSS feeds on my iGoogle. In a variety of topics. Feminist feeds, vegetarian recipes, BUST magazine, trashy stuff like The Superficial and DListed, School Library Journal, and a cavalcade of others. Plus . . .

Thing 9 - . . . I have news feeds, like CNN, Gay News and Unshelved (naturally).

Okay. I have completed 1/3 of the 27 Things.

No comments: