Friday, August 8, 2008

Cats regard people as warmblooded furniture - Jacquelyn Mitchard

But at least they're consistent. I love that about cats. I woke up this morning with three of the four arrayed along the length of my body, Ginsberg encompassing the entire torso. Today is the very last day of my very last class of library school. I shall become a Master of Information Science. Bravo to me.

Anyone familiar with Squidoo? I came across it today while reading articles on LifeHacker (also a great site) and learned the following:

Squidoo is a website hosting hundreds of thousands of handbuilt webpages (just to be difficult, we call them "lenses"). Each lens is one person's look at something online. Your take on football or business or the best thai food in town.
Lenses are free to set up.
Lenses are easy and totally non-techy.
Lenses pay a royalty to hundreds of great charities. (Or straight to you! Lots of lensmasters earn hundreds or thousands of dollars a year).
Lenses get you credibility and traffic... and lenses only take a few minutes to build.


I think that will be my next Internet application to explore. Because while the class that inspired me is ending, the inspiration is not and I want to continue seeking out new applications. Also, I am very pleased with Twitter. I have recently had 3 complete strangers begin to "follow" me and it makes me blush like I am being flirted with or something. I am flattered! But now I will go back to applying for jobs all over the country. I have interviews in Sacramento, CA and Norfolk, VA and who knows what will come next?

Develop interest in life as you see it; in people, things, literature, music - the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself. - Henry Miller

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yes, it is immensely flattering to catch someone's attention. good luck with the job searching.