Thursday, August 21, 2008

If something anticipated arrives too late it finds us numb, wrung out from waiting, and we feel - nothing at all. The best things arrive on time.

So said Dorothy Gilman in A New Kind of Country.

"We'll see"

These words have been haunting my life ever since the ex punched me in the face and the whole bizarro world universe unfolded and claimed me as a resident. Although lately the "we'll see" has been significantly more pleasant as it is now about job opportunities, interviews I have had for Orange County public libraries and Sacramento public libraries. I really really really want a position in Sacramento. I want to leave Vegas and all the sordid associations behind, taking with me only the infuriating lessons I have learned. I am trying to avoid any more drastic financial decisions while untangling myself from the wreckage of the ones previously made.

I have not posted for awhile since I no longer had the educational requirement. But I decided to continue because I think it will be an asset in my new job (where ever that may be) by keeping me connected to the technologies of Web 2.0. Plus it will make Sam smile. Which, now that she is a lawyer with a gigantic new house, she will need an occasional smile to take her mind off work. Though her backyard is a veritable desert paradise. Jane and Zelda are trying to figure out where they will live when I leave. Jane just secured a shiny new job that offers such jewels as "full-time" and "benefits" and "not working with the public". Zelda plans to be in New York in 6 months time. But right now, we are all three trapped in this "we'll see" holding pattern.

Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So. . . get on your way. - Dr. Seuss

This was in a "Congratulations" card that my coworkers gave me for graduating the MLIS program. How appropriate.

No comments: