Wednesday, August 27, 2008

"The idea of waiting for something makes it more exciting" - Andy Warhol

I am channeling the pain of my pinata-smashed heart into work-relate productivity. I just developed a Stargirl book talk for teens that will be part of my interview process for my ideal job. I can't wait for mid-September. Now I am designing a body program for school-aged children that will provide a simple yoga workout at the end. This is part of my grand plan to get kids away from the computers and at least get their blood moving for 15 minutes or so. We'll see how successful the program is. Now I'm faced with the task of designing a yoga workout for children that is simple to follow but keeps their interest. Hmm. Since I have been practicing yoga (along with pilates, bellydance, Bollywood dance and myriad other types of fitness) for at least 5 years now, I should be able to do this successfully, right?

And in the realm of Bollywood, I enjoyed another "Mumbai Monday" with my like-minded friend when we watched "Kuch Kuch Hota Hai". Which brings the total of Hindi phrases I know to 3: "pain of disco", "my love", and "something is happening". R Batty supports my linguistic endeavors though questions the usefulness of my phrases. Enough chatter, more yoga.

"Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body" - Sir Richard Steele

No comments: