Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Pleasure is the beginning and the goal of a happy life. - Epicurus

I am not a fan of children. It seems odd that I work in the Young People's Library but it was the luck of the draw and I took whatever position was open. That being said, there are a few notable and adorable exceptions. One 3-year-old girl has taken a fancy to me and uses my name quite frequently in her stream-of-consciousness monologues made me laugh today when she was telling me how excited she was about the Summer Reading Program. The prize at the end of the program is a gold medal and we have a poster advertising the prizes hanging behind our desk. She pointed at the poster and said "See that gold medal? When I go to sleep, I will dream of that and when I wake up, I will read and read and read" and this continued on for about 5 minutes. This made me grin hugely.

"Nothing exists unless it's on paper". - Anais Nin

No comments: