Saturday, November 1, 2008

If I had to live my life again, I'd make the same mistakes, only sooner. - Tallulah Bankhead

Halloween was adorable in my current library; we had an infant storytime and they were all dressed in costume. I am now of the opinion that children should ALWAYS be dressed in animal costumes, they are much more palatable that way. There were ducks and penguins and lots of dinosaurs and bears and puppies and monkeys and ladybugs and fairies and a bee. But my favorite was the baby in a bunny suit who had a mom in a magician's cape with a wand and a top hat that was very nearly the size the bunny could have fit. There were all kinds of families, moms, dads, grandparents, aunts/uncles, even a 2-mom family (to my infinite delight) and the storytime was a huge success.

My personal Halloween was unpleasant but I've decided not to dwell and indeed to wash all of that behind me with the starting of a new month. November! Never one of my favorites but considering my current position, I look forward to it. Tonight I am going to cafe that a very cute artist invited me to visit and see her work hanging up. I plan to find the artist there as well. I coyly dropped the "I like girls" hint and she reciprocated so there may actually be hope! I am also researching local organizations that may be willing to donate services for library programs for when I finally get into my new library like roller derby, fire/belly dancers, Mommy and Me Yoga, henna artists, anything that catches my eye. But for today, I'm wrapped in my cozy bamboo scarf (from Etsy, whee!) and carrying my adorable Betsey Johnson umbrella to shield me from the apparently omnipresent winter rain.

Until next time . . .


I love my past. I love my present. I'm not ashamed of what I've had, and I'm not sad because I have it no longer. - Colette

No comments: