Sunday, December 28, 2008

The more parts of yourself you can afford to forget, the more charm you have. - F. Scott Fitzgerald

The holiday did not go as planned. Though I had a lovely time in SF with my sister, we walked all over the city and enjoyed ourselves immensely. Then we returned home and met up with my mother so we had a family holiday, though not the one intended. I look forward to the celebration of New Year's Eve, one of my favorites. I anticipate a bath with my Lush bath bomb (in Phoenix scent, how new year appropriate) and some champagne and an evening alone. Delicious. Oh, and resolutions. I LOVE making resolutions. Goes along with lists and the obsessive color-coded recording in my daily planner.

I have said before but I repeat, I love my job. Being a librarian makes me so very happy. Though I spent part of Saturday weeding the children's' reference collection and I am alternately aghast and amused at what I removed. Examples? A book about famous "Negro" achievements. Uh . . . I'm pretty sure that is no longer a socially acceptable term. And hasn't been for some time. Guess the collection was a little neglected. Also, there was a book detailing children's' festivals in "Brazil, Iran, Sweden, and the USSR". Where? That place no longer exists. Again, who is supposed to have been paying attention to this? But I am now, our collection will improve and I will continue to devote my time to the library services and literacy. Hooray!

Next on my agenda - begin to date. I am not sure how I will accomplish this just yet. I responded to an ad on Craigslist but I don't think she is quite for me. And my (probably unrequited) crush on Hemalayaa Behl will remain confined to her workout videos. What's a (femme-loving femme)girl to do?

"A girl doesn't read this sort of think without her lipstick". - Truman Capote

1 comment:

Sublimefemme said...

Happy new year, beautiful! Wishing you love, peace and joy in 2009!

xo
SF